Sunday, February 28, 2010

Halestorm and frogs

Lots of shit went down this week. Frank is no longer going to be a part of my life due to a very ill thought email.
It takes a lot for me not to forgive. In fact, this is the first time I'm not sure I'll be able to, and that is saying something. I can understand anyone's motives and when I do it makes it easy to understand and get past. This time there was intentional harm done and it didn't just affect me. It affected Johnny, Amber, and I and nearly cost me my relationship.

Last night was the Halestorm concert. It was the most dissapointing concert I've ever been to because they played FOUR SONGS. Really? My band plays longer than that!!! Not to mention they paraded around a bunch of half naked women. That's not a problem, I'm all for sexual assertiveness in women and such, but the fashion they did it in was degrading, and I felt bad for the poor bimbos. I was also angry at the idiots around drooling after them. Being a gentleman will get you far with chicks, we're impressed by that shit. I was impressed that Johnny agreed with me on the whole scene.
After Halestorm played I wasn't in the mood to stick around so Johnny and I went to the Nite Lite for drinks. We had a couple, running as usual into a co worker of his. Then we began to finally talk about our relationship. It was so rewarding. It was refreshing and very needed. At the end of it all, we stopped at the store because J wanted chicken fingers and sushi, so I bought both for him. He told me he loved me a few times and I fucking ate it up happy, content, and excited about us and the future. I am crazy about him.

I woke up afetr 2 hours sleep today and came home for my sleeping pills. I can't wait to see him again.

Living in Seattle is amazing. I went to the Hula Hula by myself on Friday. I love my room mate Lauren, we became close very fast. I love my room. I love the short drive. I love being close to J. I love that I've finally acomplished a dream of mine. (With a little help from my Dad- as he is in charge of the money I get because that is what was easiest.) I love that my band is less than a week away from our first show and already we've been scouted by an agency and there's talk of a tour. (Just talk for now.) I love that my grandmother sent me a box full of new paints and canvasses so I'm painting more. I love that there are new episodes of Celeb Rehab and Tool Acedmy on tv. (It's the simple things right?) I just love love love today.

I am considering getting another frog... I'd rather have something furry, but they're so much harder to take care of. (And smelly, and while I'm nocturnal a hamster wheel would keep me up when I'm having a moment to zzz.) I feel like some of the love I have is going to waste and I want to take care of something again. I'd love to have a cat (a social kitty that wants to be adored) but I'm just too allergic. At least we have a cat at the house here. Her name is Maggy and she is exactly the kind of cat I like for looks. Petite, fluffy and black. But she's not good with humans. One of the things that makes her special to me is she took right to me and lets me pick her up and cuddle her sometimes. She doesn't let anybody else but Lauren do that.
I want, and would adore a puppy but it saddens me to know I couldn't commit to one right now. I want to be out so much it wouldn't be fair. Not to mention potty training and stuff would be a hassel but the feeling of a little pup nuzzled next to you while his breath rises and falls sleeping contently- that feeling is amazing. I will never forget when Max would do that.
It was cool having a frog. It was cool having hamsters, and it was cool having dogs. It was cool having something to love, and they made life more enjoyable.

Anyway, I'm off to lay down. Try and sleep off this damned hangover. Totally worth it though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are going better for you. Hope you are feeling better, too. If you tour, you'd better tour Ohio. Laugh. I'd be there, man.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!

    And if a tour happens, Ohio will for damn sure happen lol. :) I think he was referring to a NW tour... We'll see

    ReplyDelete