Thursday, February 18, 2010

S.I.C.K (Again) (no really!)

Kate.is.SICK.

I haven't had the stomach flu since middle school, but I caught it from my dad and today I have been throwing up everything but my shoes. I've been up since ten am and I feel like I'm dying. Well I was, now I'm feeling a little better.

I went to get my shot on Tuesday, and since Monday I'd been in more pain than usual, which is to say tons actually. So I scheduled an appointment for yesterday, and spent most of the day at the doctor. I had a long consultation, and x rays of my back and neck. Eventually she prescribed me physical therapy and Tylenol w codeine.
Dad and I went to dinner while we waited on the rx. When we went to pick it up they had a question on the lydocaine patches which held up all of my meds, so for the second night in a row, I didn't really sleep from the pain.
Instead I went to McDonald's and got a Caesar salad around 1 am. I'd been having strange stomach cramps that night, but I dismissed it as being related to my other pain as I was feeling it all over my body, and in certain internal organs. Turns out those cramps were just a lovely little invitation to the coming day. This hasn't been a good week. I can't even take the pain meds til I quit throwing up. I still don't have the anesthesia patches or I'd just do that. Dad was nice enough to go for me to get the other pills today however. Yay dad.

Johnny has been on my mind more than usual today. When I think about him, I have a detached feeling though, as opposed to the warm one I usually have. I know I miss him, and I know I'm going to. Which brings me back to Amber. (One day I intend to sit down and write a full blog on the complicated feelings I have towards her.)
She sent me a text today saying something about strength. I appreciated it.

All I'm eating today is Sprite hehe. I'm missing food now.

I have nothing else interesting to say. Maybe I'll write again when I'm doped up, like, tomorrow. :) Hah. STAY WELL PEOPLE! DON'T GET SICK!

P.s- My depression has lifted thank God. Wonder what will come next.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Kat. Sorry you are so sick. Hope you are doing better today.

    SB

    ReplyDelete