Monday, March 28, 2011

Different Thought

I want to add in a completely different thought that:

If you read my poem, and it disturbed you- I was going through a rough patch in the stages of dealing with everything.

I'm on my own, in a new place, working by myself, and my stable rotation of friends seems to be changing a bit because people are getting into relationships all around me. It leads me to fall back on myself in moments of weakness...

And we all know I blog more in moments of weakness because writing out my thoughts is therapy for me. I never found a better way to self soothe. Perhaps I'll ask Joanne about that next time I'm there.

Anyway- my new place is amazing, I'm adjusting, but I'm not sleeping well at all even with the pills (both Xanax, and ambien.) However, I absolutely ADORE my new roomates and the set up we have.

I'm stoked to be going to California, the details have been arranged and set in motion. (Business contacts! Cross your fingers for me!)

I ate some amazing Greek food last night, and threw a party at my place that ran til 4am yesterday.

The band I manage is holding their second cd release at the High Dive in June, and now that we have that set in place I'll be working on setting up their northern tour for Summer. I guess I get to find out what kind of a negotiator I can be. Last night's party was sort of a listening party, and I got some great feedback. :) I'm excited for this part, as I've never done it before. I imagine, like the rest, I'll find it exciting and new, and manage somehow.

Still have 3 dates left to book at different venues for April, even though I won't be able to oversee a week's worth of them.

I started writing a new song yesterday, and something came through that hasn't really happened for me ever: my dark chords in my verses turn downright positive in the choruses. I want to write of something other than heartache. I'm tired of doing the same old thing. (Thanks to one of my Pig N Whistle family members for being able to open my eyes to some things.)

And, weirdly, I'm drinking a Merlot tonight instead of a Reisling.

Anyway. That's it. Going back to my littile idiotic life. :)

1 comment: